Pages

Friday 17 October 2014

Luka-Chuppi (Hide and Seek)

A beautiful song, one among my favorites. Its a beautiful composition by A.R.Rahman sung by himself and Veteran Lata Mangeshkar to the wonderful lyrics by Joshi. Joshi wrote the lyrics about the mother and son playing hide-and-seek with the sad reality of the son being hidden forever. The song video of 3.5minutes convey so much about life and that credit goes to Rakeysh Mehra the film`s Director as well as Aamir Khan.

See the video.

Luka Chuppi bahut huyi saamne aa ja naa
(Enough of hide and seek, come before me.)

Kahan kahan dhoondha tujhe
(I searched for you everywhere.)
Thak gayi hai ab teri maa
(Your mother is now tired.)
Aaja saanjh hui mujhe teri fikar
(Its evening and I'm worried about you)

Dhundhla gayi dekh meri nazar aa ja na 
(Hazy is what my sight is, come to me)
Kya bataoon maa kahan hoon main.
(What do I tell you about the place where I am, maa?)
Yahan udney ko mere khula aasmaan hai
(There is freedom
 and independence like the vast sky here.)
Tere kisson jaisa bhola salona
(Like your stories it is innocent and beautiful here)
Jahan hain yahan sapno vala
(Its like a dreamland here.)
Meri patang ho befikar udd rahi hai maa
(My kite (I am) is flying without any worries maa.)
Dor koi loote nahin beech se kaate na
(Nobody to steal or cut my kite's string.)

Teri raah takey aankhiyaan
(My eyes are waiting for your arrival.)
Jaane kaisa kaisa hoye jiyaa 
(My heart is going through various emotions.)
Dhire dhire aangan uthre andhera, mera deep kahan
(Slowly darkness in creeping in the courtyard
, where is my lamp(son))
Dhalke suraj kare ishara chanda tu hai kahan
(The sun is setting and gesturing to the moon, where are you?) 

Mere chanda tu hai kahan
(Where are you my moon (son)?)
Kaise tujhko dikhaun yahaan hai kya
(How do I show you what is here?) 

Maine jharne se paani maa, tod ke piya hai
(I've drunk water from the fountain maa)

Guchcha guchcha kayee khwabon ka uchal ke chuwa hai
(I've touched several clusters of my dreams) 

Chaaya liye bhali dhoop yahaan hai
(The sunlight along with the shade is here)

Naya naya sa hai roop yahan
(The atmosphere is so different and new) 

Yahaan sab kuch hai maa phir bhi
(All that I want is here maa... but still...) 

Lage bin tere mujhko akela
(Loneliness is what I feel here without you)
Mother opens her son`s military trunk box after his death.

No comments:

Post a Comment