Pages

Saturday 4 October 2014

Back to Seattle Grace!

I know it might seem silly if I say that a particular TV series has turn out to be a kind of family for me. Since you might be expecting the same from every girl you know. Girls are experts in dis-functional emotional attachments.

I hail from a sate in India which is very famous for their TV-serial addictions. They get too emotional for these characters and involved in the story that sometimes it influences their daily lives and personal behavior (the best example I can give is my own granny). hmm... I cant complain because certain literary characters have the same effect on me too. But what is ridiculous is that some stupids commit suicide after their favorite character in the serials have met with death.

I used to watch Grey`s Anatomy (- An American medical drama series) and
  I finished till season 9.
Well, I had to drop in on the way since I felt am a mini doctor already. I can answer more medical questions than economics which is my major at the university. Slowly I came out of Grey`s life.
Though I wasn't really addicted to the serial.

 One year passed by, Lot of things happened in the mean time. Life made me busy that I didn't have much time to spend on watching videos or on social networks. One year has made me more mature I suppose that made me realize spending time on TV-series should be considered silly.

Today 4th of October... -third day of my long weekend, I was quite bored and as they say "An idle mind is an evil`s workshop" I started thinking so much. I missed my family who stay miles away from me in a total different country. I miss my homie food and everything one could think of about home (cozy blanket..your bed, your room and everything in it). Exams coming up and no means of entertainment is feeling good enough for me. OKAY! so I surfed network on political journalism which is my another interest . Suddenly saw this season 11 of Grey`s Anatomy advertisement ...just clicked on it and an episode popped up... I continued to watch, Ohh I saw those familiar faces after a long time. I felt so happy to see how much they have changed in looks as well as attitude, I was eager to know how are the others (characters) doing.. Then it struck me-- why am I so excited as if some good old friends have come home after a long time and am eager to know whats happening with their lives. Stupid silly me... I smiled at myself.

The fact is these kind of serials which has a regular and consistent role in our everyday life consuming an hour or so turning out to be a routine has a psychic effect on us. Many said the same lines to me in the past but I never paid ears as I felt that they were misjudging me. I believed myself I wasn't addicted, infact I wasn't addicted and that is the reason I could stop watching it randomly.
 But now I realize my subconscious part of brain had an inclination and attachment towards these characters. I used to feel happy when I come across people who knew these characters personally like I do and so they can hook up with me for longer chats. sigh!

Today I feel relaxed and homely as I met my old friends (Doctors at Seattle Grace hospital) they make me feel like a family. Sounds cliche or crazy???

Docs can get the feeling if I say I feel happy to be back at the hospital with my coat and gloves on, lots of cases around and my patients expecting empathy instead of sympathy.
Have a nice Sunday ahead guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment