Pages

Friday 24 October 2014

'HAIDER' Movie Review

The most awaited 'Dark Drama' directed and co-produced by Vishal Bhardwaj was released on Oct 2nd of 2014. I received a message on whatsapp from a friend asking someone to accompany her for the film 'Haider'. I had got a review by the time from another friend who went for the first day first show saying its too much of blood and violence, as a whole she didn't like the movie. And personaly I dont prefer much of action movies.So I had spread the word without realizing the gem among my other friends. So my friend who was desperately waiting for the movie release asked me "Don't you think it is so early to be judged?"

Yesterday I happened to watch this movie which is an amazing makeover of Shakespeare drama 'Hamlet'. I regret for misjudging the movie.I was so impressed and had no doubt about the actor`s tremendous homework behind the hero character 'Haider'. Other leading actors in the film Shradha, Tabu, Irrfan Khan and Kay Kay Menon was also up to the mark. After all I have been a fan of K.K from the day I saw his movie 'Black Friday'.

Intelligent take on Kashmir issues using a barricade of an old Shakespeare play. Vishal is always different with his ideas and his way of promulgating it. 
The story takes place in Kashmir and Kashmir is one of the most beautiful place; favourite location for bollywood filmmakers with its snow covered mountains and shikars, Vishal Bhardwaj nailed the idea as it also engulfed the political intrigue and history of Kashmir. Director is the one who brings out the best from an actor. That way Vishal is an expert and loves complicated stories which dig deeper into the grey characters.

 I never thought Shahid could handle such 'veeryam'(Valour)  & 'Roudram'(raging flames of revenge and anger) though I have no doubt about his talent since he has already proved his acting skills through movies like 'Kaminey'. Anyways in this movie he is back with an entirely different avatar from his usual fun-loving self. The way he does the street play in the movie is astounding. Shahid going bald for the first time, along with his one-liners and Prabhu Deva-inspired dance moves are the other highlights to be noted.

There was a little violence which indirectly or directly conveys a lot. It was hard for me to see certain scenes though I feel it was essential to convey the level of torture encountered by the innocents of Kashmir.

The word 'Chutzpah' has become my favorite now. The whole movie can be described with one word 'Chutzpah'. Marvelous!

P.S 'Haider' is a poignant tale of love, revenge and relationships.




No comments:

Post a Comment