Pages

Saturday 1 November 2014

One Marathon worth every moment of it!




Chitra Subramaniam, A pioneer in Indian journalism-A brave daughter of India in conversation with Madhu Trehan, one who broke grounds for magazine journalism -The lady behind India Today Group. 


This is the most absorbing interview I have ever seen. Chitra speaks about the editorial tussles at The Hindu and why India still doesn't know the truth about Bofors. I am so glad I found this video on youtube(published in 2012), two women whom I admire the most in the field of journalism in one frame. As I started watching it I realized the pulls & pressures she had to face while working on the Bofors exposé and about the limitations of journalists. I admire her courage and willpower even when Indian government refused to provide security to her. She is an epitome of determination. She never gave up or turned back even when she was being shaken fiercely from all sides. What I noticed in this interview was her humility even while sharing her investigation experience on one of the biggest scams India witnessed and one which included a PM for the first time. Barkha Dutt and Sagarika Ghose who think they are the madams of Indian journalism without even doing a single story that remain etched in the history of Indian politics/Journalism must learn from Chitra Subrahmaniam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment